Monday, April 16, 2007

Assignment 10 - Newspaper.Design

Cover:
Double Page Spread:




Influences:

I liked the way the magazine “Straight” set up their cover for a couple of reasons. They integrated their front cover image well into other design aspects of the cover like the main title head or other graphics. They also use a dotted line with a plus sign on the end to connect or divide articles. I really liked this characteristic but decided to change it up a bit. I used circles to connect the end of the sentence with where the article was located, also doubling as a period. The Charlatan had a cube design I wanted to adopt. They used it to feature other articles in the issue, but I wanted to create cubes to run down the side of the cover, using them to frame the page numbers of article, and also to bring the design together as a whole. I found this assignment to be a challenge considering type is one of my weaker aspects of design; color and graphics being my stronger points. I really tried to push myself and see what I was capable of, and overall was impressed with what I came out with. Thanks for the great year Michael!









No comments: